1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP (TV series Director) Charles S. Dubin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Dec 8, 2011.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Charles S. Dubin, who directed a number of the M*A*S*H episodes the late Harry Morgan was in, died within a few months of when Morgan died. His obit popped up when I went looking for more info on Morgan's early career. That is why I thought their deaths had been so closely and weird in their timing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/10/arts/television/charles-s-dubin-television-director-is-dead-at-92.html

He had plenty of TV directing credits to his name. He did very good work. RIP

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The weirdest MASH death coincidence was Roger Bowen who played Henry Blake in the movie died the day after McLean Stevenson died.

Interesting note - Stevenson is the father of ESPN's Jeff MacGregor.
    I did not know that.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Dan, where did you discover the Stevenson/MacGregor connection? I had never heard that. Sorry for my death listing being badly timed, btw.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

when I was checking the Bowen info. I saw that Stevenson had a son named Jeff MacGregor, wondered if it was the same one. Unless there is another writer out there with the same name...

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I'm trying to imagine MacGregor as Snotty in Spaceballs ...

6. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

This is the same Jeff MacGregor who was the host of The Dating Game in the late 1980s, right?

7. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

I think that's likely.

Draft saved Draft deleted