1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Truett Cathy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 8, 2014.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A founder has passed away:

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Think long and hard before answering this. I've never had Chick-fil-A.

Whose chicken is better: KFC or Chick-fil-A?

Did Harlan Sanders' and Truett Cathy's chicken paths ever cross.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Hate their politics, love their chicken sandwiches.

And Xan, Chick-fil-A by several football field lengths.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I wonder if Chick-Fil-A would have grown as much had Cathy kept the original name -- the Dwarf Grill.

It's now the Dwarf House, and it's in Hapeville, Ga., right across the street from what was the Atlanta Ford plant. I know this only because one spring break I had to make an emergency auto repair stop at that exit, and we went to wait and eat at the Dwarf House because it was right next door. Perhaps true to Cathy's religious beliefs, during dinner a minister's wife from Wisconsin struck up a conversation with us and slowly took us down a deep, deep conservative Jesus rabbit hole.

The food was good, though.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Chick.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Hands down the best service of any fast-food joint.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I agree with all of the above. Chick-fil-A has the best fast food chicken I've eaten.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Almost creepy and cult-like how good it is. It's like they chant "My pleasure to serve you" for hours on end during the training sessions.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Setting aside the religiosity and the food quality, their "Eat Mor Chikin" marketing campaign was genius.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Courage of his convictions. There's not an MBA on Earth who would propose a business model for a fast-food franchise that includes being closed on Sunday.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I feel so guilty, for so many reasons, every time I bite into one of their sandwiches. Which is a lot.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

chick's the tits. Chicken biscuits for breakfast are really just a little bit of heaven

Draft saved Draft deleted