1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Tommy Lasorda

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 8, 2021.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sigh. Two Yankees-Red Sox games in July take as much time as those six games.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

SOngbird, I agree with that. I sensed (from afar) almost a father-son relationship between them.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm a lifelong Angels fan who always watched the Dodgers instead entirely because of Scully.

Lasorda lived in my home town even when he managed the Dodgers, which is pretty weird given what a pain in the ass it is to get to Dodger Stadium from there.

His treatment of his son was inexcusable and disgusting. that's about the full extent of my feelings on his passing.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I would say 80s/90s Expos fans hate the Jays, but Jays fans always liked the Expos.

On topic, Lasorda was not well liked in Montreal by media or most anyone else who had to interact with him.

Huggy likes this.
  5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

As a Toronto guy, I agree with this. I was an Expos fan until the Jays came around in 1977 but always kept a rooting interest in the Expos as my NL team. Baseball belongs in Montreal.

Tighthead likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted