1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Tim Russert...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Backyardigan, Jun 13, 2008.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Andrea Mitchell just almost lost it when talking about Tim Russert calling her Mitch. I definitely lost it.

This is horrible. He's one of the biggest reasons doc and I watch MSNBC for our political coverage.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My God, hearing Andrea Mitchell is just killing me, especially since she kept referring to him in the present tense. She's just going to lose it the second she gets off the air.

My heart goes out to his family. As an only child who just lost her father, I am just so sad for his son.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Powerful stuff.

4. That was more strange to me than emotional. He kept his anchor face on and then suddenly the tear came from nowhere. It was like watching a statue cry.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just now watching coverage on CNN. Wow. RIP Tim.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Mr. Election Night for a generation. RIP

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

First one for me since.... Princess Diana? Heath Ledger wasn't this momentous.

Especially with the election looming.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine those few moments before Brokaw went on the air...he's delivered a lot of breaking news in his day, but when it's about one of your best friends.....

9. Simon_Cowbell

I would say that David Gregory would be a better choice.

Or Katie Couric.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

I ask one question, though, I'd like people's opinions.
    Apparently CBS and ABC both did special reports, even though WCBS skipped the CBS report.
    I'm curious as to if you guys think someone who didn't work for those networks warranted that.
    A mention on their 6:30 newscasts? Absolutely.
    A special report? Not so sure.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Perhaps I sound morbid, but I really regret missing Brokaw and Mitchell's emotion-filled segments.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Absolutely.

Draft saved Draft deleted