1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP the Tony Kornheiser Show?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I believe so. He was in the studio during taping yesterday, which I would assume was during school hours.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That makes more sense.

Maybe I'm too old manish, but I think there's something to be said for the beauty of live radio. Even with a polished product. Would posting a live stream somewhere be that expensive/difficult? You already have a studio. Maybe there's no editing going on before airing. I don't know. Sounded kinda sterile, though.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Mr. Tony took the day off today for Yom Kippur, so Marc Sterne ditched the Nigel persona and hosted the show as himself.

It was jarring to hear him do the show in his natural voice.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Agreed. And I've never heard Wilbon in a better mood.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He slipped into Nigel voice on a couple occasions, probably instinctually.

I'm not a big fan of the whole Nigel schtick. Marc is good enough as himself to contribute.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It was really weird to hear Sterne without the Nigel voice. It was a nice and relaxed show and I thought that the Billy Bush discussion at the end was really good.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There were times where "Nigel" would be on Tony's show, then Marc Sterne would do a fill-in on the next show on 980. You have to be quite the performer to pull that off.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not a regular listener by any means, but I've heard the show dozens of times and had no idea Nigel was just a character.

PaperClip529 likes this.
  9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Bagel City, Mr. Tony!!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted