1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP (the poster known as) Tripp McNeely . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: RIP (the poster known as) Tripp McNeely . . . he passed away Wednesday

I can't really add much, because so much has already been said. Great tribute, Piotr ... it's just too bad it ever had to be written.

RIP James.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

RIP.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

meat, he used to post as gimpy. dont know why he changed handles.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

RIP Tripp.

Always enjoyed discussing sports with the man. Knowledgeable guy, passionate about his teams. We clashed many times (especially in the NBA Playoff Thread), but I always had a deep respect for his humor, humility, and insight. On some of his posts, he had me rethinking sports opinions, others he had me cracking up, and a few had me a bit disturbed regarding his emotional well-being.

I'll always remember of his final posts: "OK, bostonbred ... you keep making intelligent, well-informed posts like this one and I might actually start liking you despite your Boston bias".

I wanted to comment on his grandfather thread. Only so many hours in a day. Never did. Still kicking myself.

Tremendous tribute Piotr.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

"No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take."

May you rest in piece and live as fully on your next journey as you did in your time with us.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Piotr, that was a beautiful rememberance of your friend.

I haven't read the whole thread, so there may be other people who have posted thoughts as eloquent and beautiful as Piotr's that I've missed.

To Tripp's friends, I'm sorry for your loss.

For Tripp, I hope you are in a better place, reunited with your beloved grandfather and at peace.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

No fucking way.

I'm blown away.

One of the nicer peeps I have met here.

I remember replying on one of his thread creations because he was down that he had created a thread with no hits.

Excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out.

My thoughts are with you at this second, James.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm very saddened to hear about Tripp/James. Like others, I only knew him from this board.

I had seen his thread about his grandfather on a computer that I was unable to put posts on. I had meant to offer my condolences and best wishes at a later date. And now, I blew my chance.

Every moment in life is precious. I wish I hadn't taken that for granted.

9. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Condolences everybody. I didn't know him other than through here either. Wish I had.
    RIP James.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Damn, this is terrible news. RIP, and Piotr, I'm sorry for your loss too. I pray he found his peace.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

May his soul be at rest, and may God give comfort to his friends and family.

And now something I need to live by myself: If you are struggling with your emotions, get help. Talk to somebody, preferably several somebodies. If you don't know where to turn, start with the giant-sized support group here. There is medicine, there is therapy, there is hope. Never be afraid to ask for help.

Godspeed James.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Thanks, Piotr, for that tribute. My sympathies to James' family and friends.

Draft saved Draft deleted