1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Ted Lindsay.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by John B. Foster, Mar 4, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He was a TV commentator at some point. He loved it when someone would "lay the lumber" on another player.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Before he became the GM of the Red Wings, I interviewed him when he was the hockey coach at Hillsdale College
    The slogan was "Aggressive hockey is back in town"
    His face looked like a road map from all the scars but he was a terrific guy
    Got a chance to talk to him when the Wings won the Stanley Cup in 1997

maumann likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Did Lindsay inspire this, or vice versa?
    [​IMG]

4. Jake from State Farm

Right around the same time

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Alex Delvecchio has to be the last of the guys from the first golden age of Red Wings hockey. Sawchuk, Abel, Howe and now Lindsay. Before my time, but I've heard stories from my grandparents, parents and other family members about the amazing run of greatness at the Olympia.

RIP, seven. May you always be scoring goals and trading blows with those hated Maple Leafs and Canadiens.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Red Kelly is still alive, the Wings just retired his number.

maumann likes this.
  7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Not a surprise.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And Terrible Ted would have loved every second of it.

10. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

His autism charity donated more than 85 per cent of the money it raised to the cause. That's an excellent number.

11. Jake from State Farm

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I watched Net Worth over the weekend. Good film and it won four Gemini Awards.

One part that I found quite interesting. If it was true that Adams and the Red Wings lied and leaked out that Lindsay was making $25K, if I were Lindsay, even though I know it’s about principle, I would have demanded the extra $12K and gone to court to try to get it.

Either he would have gotten paid, or they would have had to admit that they lied to the players.

Draft saved Draft deleted