1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ted Kennedy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by azom, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Kennedy did it without the total reliance on the teleprompter

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not available for comment.

3. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Stay classy, HH.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Classy. ::)

Only took 13 posts.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm personally sorry he's dead, as he was a worthy opponent. Still, there's that pesky business.

6. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

And sadly we all knew it was coming.

It's only a matter of time until the proliferation of "Good riddance" posts, blog entries and columns from the right wing.

RIP Teddy.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

When I was in seventh grade it was the day of our grade-school grad ceremony when I heard about RFK's death. I remember tearing up with Teddy's eulogy ... nothing else like it.

I'm sure the trolls will cluster. Okay, I'll concede the point: He was no great orator like the Decider or Vice. Still, he tried to leave his country better than he found it and his ambitions were aimed higher than some attemot to turn executive privilege into the Cone of Silence.

o-<

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Great senator of our time? Well, tenure, yes; if you're a liberal, yes. But let's be honest, if a GOP senator with his tenure and a Mary Jo in his past had come along, he wouldn't be labeled great, would he?

And let's be careful about using the emotional manipulation of the man's death as a reason to push through a health care bill that's not sensible. Having said that, RIP.

9. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Oh, and his legacy might have changed markedly had you guys on the left took him over the Peanut Farmer in 1980. For sure, we'd had a true battle between left and right in Nov. 80.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

If HH were 1/1,000th the man Ted Kenedy was, he would never have stooped to that post. BUt there's never justification for morons.

RIP to one of the giants of our country...a great senator, a great orator, a man who -- despite his failings and weaknesses -- truly cared about people and making this a better world to live in.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I couldn't have put it any better than that.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Even though he had been ill it still comes as a shock. Knew things were bad yesterday when a graphics op friend of mine at the nbc affiliate here was put on standby.

Want classy, check out the comments on bostonherald.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.