1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Steve McNair

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Strong Bad, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Re: Steve McNair murdered

I think that's still being sorted out...

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If I read it correctly bodies found in alley. Could be hooker situation.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tough call, since it's two different sports. But pitching to the studio to handle the update should be the move.

As for FSR ... Air Supply!?! I guess it's a taped show and there's nobody in the studio with authorization to go live with breaking news. Freddie Coleman on ESPN Radio has been damn solid on this story.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They had scrolled it on the bottom of the screen about 15 minutes ago in the Tigers-Twins game.

But that's it so far.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Wonderful speculation...

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This is a stunner.

For my money, McNair was responsible for one of the most exciting moments in Super Bowl history with that jailbreak scramble on the second-to-last play of Super Bowl XXXIV.

What a great play that was, matched only by Manning-to-Tyree, though it must be said that Manning's throw was a bit more of an answered prayer than McNair's was.

RIP.

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure exactly what Big Steve's marital situation was, but I believe he and Steve, Jr.'s mom were at least separated, possibly divorced, because she lives in Hattiesburg with the son. And even though Big Steve was on the sidelines for most of Steve Jr.'s games, there was a definite coolness to their relationship.

At any rate, just an awful end to the life of one of the nicer and more approachable pro stars around, and a hell of an athlete.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

every report i hear says second vic was 20-year-old woman. strictly guesswork but sounds like a double homicide to this columbo. he had a wife and four kids.

another guess: so all the accolades of mcnair as a player and person may soon become tainted -- at least the person part.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey - I've watche a lot of CSI.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

That confused me, too. (Not the hooker part ... that's ridiculous at this point)

It says downtown Nashville and on a certain street/intersection. That means the shooting couldn't have happened inside, right?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Recent reports have the bodies inside a condo/apartment. Not in an alley.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.