1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pilot, Oct 5, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The hell?

2. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

iMissHimAlready

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I agree that Steve Jobs is a visionary and the technology he gave to the world through Apple changed the world.

However I think I can lay claim to being one of the only people on Earth (or at least in the industrialized world) to have never owned an Apple computer, a Mac, an Ipod, an Ipad, or an Iphone.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Says the guy who thinks 9/11 was just the third-worst disaster of the decade. You need to change Us to Me.

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I haven't either. Used Apple products at a couple of different shops but never bought any for myself.
    That said, you can't help but respect someone who accomplished what Jobs did. It's amazing not just the technology he created, but how many technologies he created. RIP

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

7. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

You can't take it with you when you go, no matter how many dual core processors are packed into the new iPhone.

It should be interesting watching how Apple fares now. I wonder how much Jobs did to lay out a company road map or whatever? Perhaps the new executives will throw it all out and try to prove that the company is bigger than one man?

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Apple did use factories that installed suicide nets. It's a well known fact. I don't see where I'm in the wrong here calling that reprehensible.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So you wait until there's an RIP thread? You had plenty of chances/threads to make your point when Jobs was alive. To get on your high horse now is an asshole move.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

When he took his first leave and then again after he officially resigned, the opinion from analysts was that they were very well set up for the future. He had laid out a plan that, at least in the past few years, they are following pretty well. And the CEO was groomed for this job over that span and not just plucked out by an executive search firm.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

On the other hand ...

BREAKING: Panicking Apple Board Of Directors Attempt To Restart Steve Jobs

The fuckin' Onion, man.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A tribute Apple logo.

http://touch.lockerz.com/s/144718807

And the moron cultists at the Westboro Baptist Church announced they will picket his funeral. They announced it using Twitter for iPhone.

Draft saved Draft deleted