1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP singer Paul Davis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by kicksave, Apr 25, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't how this whole business started.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Aw, c'mon, dools.

You know you're the only one that we're all dreaming of.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

How ironic it was to me when I was listening to Pandora and had it on Paul Davis radio when I read that he died. I am a big fan of his music and I just started to read more about him. "I Go Crazy" is a all-time favorite and then "Sweet Life," "65 Love Affair," and "Cool Night." Another one I started to like is "Do Right."

When I was in kindergarten was when I first started to hear his songs. I had no clue who it was, but the music was clearly what they call today as "at-work/easy listening." It was until recently, thanks to Pandora, I started to google Davis, since I never knew who he looked like and what his background was.

Now I know who Paul Davis was and thank goodness I did so until his passing this week.

RIP.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

RIP.

Jeez, he and Dan Fogelberg passing in last five months. That's a lot of quality easy listening.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Fogelberg bit it? I did not know/remember that. Maybe AM rock really IS dying.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, December. Prostate cancer.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

I own both of their greatest hits CDs.
    Hmm, does that mean Al Stewart is next?
    Or Ambrosia?
    Or Gerry Rafferty?
    All jokes aside, I've liked Davis for almost 30 years, nothing fancy, just simple good music and some nice lyrics.
    RIP, Paul, I'll be listening to "Do Right" a lot over the next few days.

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

D-3....I Go Crazy is one of my favorites of all time too. Bummer....too young.

9. kicksave

kicksave Member

Here's a clip of "I Go Crazy" from the mid-'90s. Man had a smooth voice.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't you go hexing Gerry Rafferty! "Baker Street" might in fact be my favorite song of all-time.

I loved, loved, loved "'65 Love Affair." Almost a perfect pop song. I remember it was on a Forever '80s compilation and my future wife and I used to listen to it all the time. RIP.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Cool Night > 65 Love Affair

The ultimate in 70's kickback and fuck music (a dubious designation on my part, since I was 6 on the last day of the 70's)

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Cool Night is pretty good.

And thanks for the kickback and fuck thought. I'm sure I'll stop vomiting sometime soon at the thought of my parents listening to Paul Davis on their AM radio while they were "busy talking." :-X :-X :-X

Draft saved Draft deleted