1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Sage Stallone

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Jul 14, 2012.

1. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

It was gut-wrenching, one of those times in life I ask God "what the hell?" as if Job needs a rewrite. She's come through it and the cancer is in remission. There is no other peer in terms of her strength that I've seen.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Excuse me, but was that some attempt at humor?

A man died. Someone's son. Someone's friend.

I find nothing funny in that.

RIP

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

No shit, KJIM. I could live 1,000 years and not understand why the fuck someone would post something like that.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

In defense, every person who dies is someone's son. And someone's friend.

And it takes less than a page to start making puns on 90 percent of those.

I don't agree with it, but is it because Sage wasn't "famous" enough to be the brunt of jokes?

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Good gosh that was uncalled for.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

My mother died at 63. Her mother, who was still alive and very sharp at 97, seemed to be bearing up fairly well. But then at the funeral, she broke down. She said, "you're just never supposed to bury your own child."

My father lost two brothers: one shot down over France in 1944, the other dying at age 22 just after coming home from Korea, before I was born, so I never knew them. My grandmother could never talk about them.

There's no expiration date.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

my folks lost one of two sons when they were in their 20s when he was 8. neither were ever able to move on afterward. that shit is all too real to me. i pray i go before either one of my children.

8. dmc

dmc Guest

I agree, maybe there should be some sort of list of who it's ok to make fun of and who it's not ok to make fun of.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think this thread requires the full 5 day SJ mourning period before the jokes fly.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Brad Renfro was somebody's son, too, and look how many pages he got on here (and still gets the occasional joke). As you were...

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How unknown do you have to be to NOT get an RIP thread on SportsJournalists.com?

The barrier is pretty low.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

thanks, boom. yes. mrs. shockey has done a fab job with the stooges; we try to find the positives and like to think all the caregiving i get from them all has made them more mature and responsible people with good heats....

Draft saved Draft deleted