1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ryan Dunn (from Jackass)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

One less drunk driver on the roads.

Time for his colleagues to rethink the courses of their lives instead of calling out Roger Ebert.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Ebert should have rethought that tweet. There was no need for a drunk driving public service message from someone not even remotely connected to the guy some hours after it happened. The horrible circumstances of the death speak for itself. I don't think his friends and family need that beaten over their head at this juncture.

And let's say the toxicology reports come back and state that he was not drunk? Do you offer an apology then, Mr. Ebert?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So the guys who made careers out of their insensitivity are pissed by somebody else's lack of sensitivity?

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Awwwww, but ain't that Ahh-murrica. You an' me....

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Three beers and three shots at 100-plus MPH is probably the same as six and six going at 55.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Pitch perfect.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

So lemme' see if I have this straight: If he'd been picked up for DUI we'd be blasting him for what a stupid decision it was to drink and drive. Instead he killed himself and took someone else with him and we're supposed to be "respectful of the dead."

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The passenger was a Navy SEAL with 3 tours in Iraq.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/21/zachary-hartwell-ryan-dunn-crash-passenger_n_881157.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000008

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Holding an idiot accountable for his actions -- how quaint.

10. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Ebert is so damn annoying. The issue is more him just spouting off about bullshit that doesn't involve him, rather than what he said on Twitter. He acts like he is a genius with half the shit he posts. It was nice to see someone tell him to STFU.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Bam can STFU. He is part of trashy society that enabled Dunn in the first place. The SEAL deserved what he got as well. You would think a SEAL would be smart enough to avoid dangerous situations outside of combat.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree with this part of your post.

Draft saved Draft deleted