1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ryan Dunn (from Jackass)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 20, 2011.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I'm surprised it took this long for one of them to succumb to natural selection.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm shocked that he's not the last of them to die.

3. vicd

vicd Active Member

Steve-O has been clean for a couple of years. He makes a number of pain killer (and the fact that he can't take them) jokes in the latest Jackass.
    Bummer about Dunn.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

OK, I know who he is now.

5. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Ryan and Steve-O were on "Minute to Win It" on NBC just last week. Caught part of it while channel surfing.

Man, that stinks.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

He went into a psych ward, I believe. Jackass guys intervened. He's clean now and does stand-up comedy.

He's also bitter about the way he was treated in the last movie (he was clean then). He said in a recent Howard Stern show interview that he hasn't been paid yet for Jackass 3D and hinted that some of the guys have drug and alcohol problems on par with his.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Why not Bam?

8. beanpole

beanpole Member

Feel bad for the passenger, and am glad they didn't smash into anyone else. I hate drunken drivers.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My first thought was, "That dude can afford a Porsche?"

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This goes one of two ways for Bam. 1) His ass is dragged to rehab by Phil and April (and maybe some of the more reasonable Jackass members) immediately after the funeral. 2) He goes into a full blown alcoholic downward spiral which ends with him being found dead in a hotel room somewhere.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Those movies made hundreds of millions of dollars. Surely somebody cut Dunn a check for $100K or so at some point.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted