1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Robert Prosky

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Dec 9, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You have to clarify when talking about bad Punisher movies. The current one brings the total to three.

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

And the delightful way she described it.... something about his achieving orgasm, which made his heart "explode" in his chest. It was frightening and funny and a little awe-inspiring, all at the same time.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's just perfect.....you can come and go all at once. ;D

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Nelson Rockefeller!

5. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Prosky was frightening in Thief, Michael Mann's first directing effort I believe. Prosky played this manipulative, evil old crook. Avoiding spoilers, his scene late in the movie was based on a similar event involving longtime Chicago mobster Sam Giancana.

IMHO, that film is Caan's best performance and second-best movie after TG1.

RIP "Leo"

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was a really good movie. A young John C. McGinley was in that, I think.

I agree, it's surprising Gordon hasn't done much since then.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That is so well-played, Joe. ;D

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

RIP, Judge.

The funny/strange thing about this news? I'm pretty sure Wikipedia had it before AP. I was driving home from Buffalo Tuesday afternoon, just in time to catch the afternoon drive on WGR at 3 p.m., and Mike Schopp led with it -- he'd watched a movie with Prosky in it the night before, pulled up his Wiki page at work the next day, and was stunned to see this line at the top:
    Robert Prosky (December 13, 1930 - December 8, 2008) was an American stage, film, and television actor.

As Schopp told it, he immediately Googled several variations of "Robert Prosky dies" and such, hoping to either confirm or refute the Wiki entry, with no luck. Thoroughly freaked out by now, he checked out Prosky's own Web site, calling the phone number listed on it ... no answer, no voicemail. Eventually, after they went on the air, his producer did manage to reach someone at robertprosky.com, who confirmed that the actor had indeed passed away.

So if you're wondering why a Buffalo sports-talk radio station has this random obit on its Web site ... that's why.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Hmm, smells like a potential thread topic to me...:)

Draft saved Draft deleted