1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Robert Culp

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fell and hit his head, although it's not clear yet if the fall is actually what killed him. Age 79.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/robert-culp-i-spy-star-has-died/

Not only did he star on "I Spy" and "The Greatest American Hero," he was rumoured to have been offered the role of J.R. Ewing on "Dallas" early in the show's run when Larry Hagman began to ask for more money than the producers thought he was worth. Luckily, they came to their senses and paid up.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Always enjoyed his work. RIP.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Didn't realize he was that old...

RIP.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

He was perfect as Debra Barone's gasbag dad.

5. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

One of my favorite actors.

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Greatest American Hero is now available on Netflix streaming. I haven't dug into it yet, but may have to out of respect.

7. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Always a very cool guy.

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

He also played the murderer on a couple episodes of Columbo, including one where he was the GM of a pro football team. Great stuff.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Abe Vigoda just checked his death list.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Greatest American Hero is how I first remember Culp but then the early days of Nick at Nite introduced me to I Spy.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

For some reason, I thought he was on Soap, but he wasn't. RIP to someone who is so recognizable, I placed him in one show too many.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He and Cosby had great chemistry. Culp made a few appearances on "The Cosby Show" as one of Cliff Huxtable's old med-school buddies and they still had that great comic rhythm.

Draft saved Draft deleted