1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Richard Mellon Scaife

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Snopes is full of lies and slanted viewpoints. Just read the Costner-Ripkin page. Baltimore police know that the Camden Yards lighting outage was staged to preserve the streak.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

If Yankee Fan howls in an empty forest,
    is there no noise, or is there bad noise?

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Do you have a source that says this?
    I've found Snopes to be pretty much right on the money about most things.
    Why are they wrong about the Clinton body count?

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Sp, I just now read over the body count entry. That's one of their longer entries.

I think of snopes more like Wikipedia. Something to read, but not use as a reference on a term paper. That was my point - I don't take snopes as gospel.

Body count? Shrug. Probably a long list of coincidences more than anything.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Devil Smallpotatoes, I'm not asking you to show evidence that Clinton did not commit multiple murders.

I asked you for evidence that Scaife accused him of such.

Can you provide some please?

6. YankeeFan

LOL.

By defending the guy, I misused and abused a RIP thread?

He was accused of being "BAD MEDIA". I replied. that's wrong of me?

His brand of media is not very different than any other newspaper owner -- especially when you look at it from a historical perspective. I'm not sure why you can't see that, but that's your issue, not mine.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, you abused the thread by turning it into another excuse for you to attack all media. That you think Scaife's practices are common is simply more proof of your ignorance regarding the industry. That you continue this bullshit shows you don't care about defending the guy, just attacking the media.

8. YankeeFan

Acknowledging a fact is not an attack.

It is you who are ignorant of the history of newspapers and unwilling to see what is in front of your eyes.

And, you refuse to even say what you disagree with, coward that you are.

If you disagree with me that the Ochs-Sulzbergers, the Grahams, the McCormicks, and the Bancrofts -- and the Chandlers and others too -- used their papers to "push their own agenda" then come out and say it.

If you are unwilling to simply say that, then kindly fuck off.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

OK, it was probably just Vince Foster

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-people-scaife-20140704,0,1700578.story

But it was still accusing somebody of murder without a shred of evidence.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Maybe the Clintons had him killed so he would sling mud on Hilary's presidential campaign. [/bluefont]

11. YankeeFan

So, you were wrong.

You accused him of something, not knowing the facts. Scaife never accused Clinton of murder, did he?

The best Reuters can do is to say this:

You'll not that it doesn't say that Scaife made the claim that Foster was murdered, let alone that either Clinton murdered him.

It also does not provide a quote to show what was claimed.

Do better.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is not a fact. It is your opinion. You don't know the difference, once again proving you are alarmingly ignorant of anything related to journalism.

We aren't talking about the history of newspapers. You are making claims about newspapers now. What newspapers were 50 or 100 years ago does not define what they are now. Something else in the long list of things you don't understand.

You are blindly, ignorantly attacking all media outlets, just as you always do. Only this time you are making it even worse by polluting a RIP thread with your foolishness, ignorance and personal attacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.