1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Peaches Geldof

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, Jim Kerr was the guy who thought he shit didn't stink when he was married to Chrissy Hynde, which is why she divorced him.

To that end, I would LOVE to see the 6 degrees of separation in the music world.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This place is a banana republic, it used to be all the rage.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Heroin overdose:

4. YankeeFan

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That essay is very well written, entertaining, revealing and enlightening. Leave it to an underachieving coffee repairman to make fun of it.

6. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. YankeeFan

A. I'm a fan, and enjoyed the essay. I wouldn't have gotten 5,500 words into it -- all the way to "Y" -- if I didn't find it to be a fun read.

2. I was making fun of myself. For all the "coffee repairman" lines that get tossed my way, no one makes fun of me more than I do. Plus, I figured I'd get a laugh out of poindexter.

And, as he was good friends with her father, it's entirely understandable that Peaches would be on Bono's mind as he considered the topic, and that he would include her.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Peaches was a modern girl, a real tonic for the troops. Anyhoo, the Rats were criminally underrated. Kind of came too late to get much mileage out of New Wave.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I would guess that a rockstar father of four kids now in their teens/20s might be particularly aware of a story like Peaches Geldof's.

It appears that the Hewson kids seem to be steering clear of that kind of thing. Whatever else you think of Boner, he and Ali seem to have kept their family life out of the celebrity circus.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Peaches will apparently live on. And on. And on.

I wonder what her q rating was. Apparently I am the only one who did not know her.

And lighten the f up, Tigervols.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Gotta love a Brit band that pays homage to DiMaggio.

12. YankeeFan

Draft saved Draft deleted