1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Patrick McGoohan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jan 14, 2009.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Longshanks?

That dude ruled.

[​IMG]

The trouble with Scotland, is that it's full of Scots.

2. RIP to a great actor.

I have all of the Danger Man/Secret Agent and the Prisoner episodes on DVD. Guess I know what I'll perusing during some down time.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

A musical tribute to Number 6 (available on Rhino's Children of Nuggets box).

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

We were actually shown "The Prisoner" regularly in public school, I'm thinking around Grade 6 or 7.

I'm not certain as to why, but it was one of a number of suspenseful shows we were exposed to back then by our teachers. I think we were very fortunate.

RIP.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He was pure evil in that film. I always like the scene where he throws his son's gay lover out the window because he didn't like his military advice.

6. In his review of Braveheart for the Los Angeles Times critic Peter Rainer said, “McGoohan is in possession of perhaps the most villainous enunciation in the history of acting.”

Draft saved Draft deleted