1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Orlando Woolridge

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No, I am not. Austin Carr's college career preceded Woolridge's by about a decade, he never even played for Phelps. My point was to list players who were Woolridge's teammates at ND, not every damn Notre Dame player ever. Yeesh.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I remember him from high school. Later, a woman I dated, an ND grad, thought it was cool he was from my state.

RIP, O.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Duck Williams was the only African-American starter on Notre Dame's 1978 Final Four team. Woolridge was the first or second player off the bench as a freshman.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

At the risk of topic drift ... oh, for the days at an NBA game when they just announced the lineups without turning it into a bad floor show or rock/rap concert!

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Those were the days. The NBC Game of the Week was actually a big deal, because there weren't like 99 others on during the week.

Makes us all feel old.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I remember Woolridge's college days, too, and his time with the Nets and (my at that time beloved) Lakers.
    This was when I was finalizing college and moving to Dallas (where I subsequently adopted the Blackmon-led Mavs and their awesome aqua color scheme).
    RIP to a long, long force around the basket
    So long, O

Draft saved Draft deleted