1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP one helluva dude

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Feb 8, 2010.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This shit's happening too often.

A Black Hawk crashed this week, this time just outside Stuttgart, Germany, killing three people.

One of them was CW2 Clayton Hickman, a former Marine I graduated flight school with. He was a good dude. We were a little older than most of the class, both 31 at graduation. He was jealous of me because I got stationed at Ft. Campbell, and that's where he wanted to be since he was originally from Columbia, Tenn., just down I-65. He was desperately trying to find someone to swap with him, but no one would give it up. He sat behind me, and we made fun of our classmates. He knew his helicopter shit, as far as flight school students go. I never remember him answering a question wrong. He'd been in about 13 years (enlisted as a Marine), and wanted to retire an officer.

Routine training flight. Not much more information than that, other than that they were in the clouds when it happened.

We finished flight school in July, and two have died since then. Man, I hope this isn't how it's always gonna be.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn. Very sorry for your loss, 3BF.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Condolences, tbf. We tend to ease up on the worrying for our friends who are outside the war zones. Nothing's that simple.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this, t_b_f.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Sorry, t_b_f. RIP, CW2 Hickman.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My condolences, tbf, and prayers to the Hickman family

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Condolences, tbf.