1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Name Changes (this means you too flaghokie)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't call me that word. I don't like things that elevate me
    about the other people. I'm just like you. Oh, sure, I come later
    in the day, I get paid a lot more and I take longer vacations,
    but I don't like the word "boss".

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Take caution in your tone. I'm a fair guy, but this fucking heat is making me crazy.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Is this funny, sir?

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No. It's tragic.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Do you have an answer, sir?

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

My answer is I don't have the first damn clue. Maybe he was an early riser and liked to pack in the morning. And maybe he didn't have any friends. I'm an educated man, but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about the travel habits of William Santiago.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This is a great move for those of us who have always stuck to one name and -- if we didn't check in for a day or five -- won't be lost trying to figure out who's changed their name to this or that, which has always bugged the heck out of me.

Except I did personally like BYH when he changed his name to JustinTimberlakeRocksMyBody. :D

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Really, Oz?

Because I was pretty sure you signed up here under another name. Whenever I PMed you on old-SportsJournalists.com, your handle didn't pop up as "Oz."

That's all I'm saying. :p

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've changed my name (for more than two hours, or so) once. And I'm sticking with it.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Mama always said you gotta be happy in your own clothes. I love my old name, but I like these besmattered clothes better. It gives you character, or something.

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Guess this means no more Jim "FuerteJ" Cantore. Of course, Mother Nature has made sure of that this year (knock on wood), thank god. I've been extremely happy that i haven't had to change to my alter ego. Hopefully I won't have to this year.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm still partial to Herbert Hopnoodle.

Draft saved Draft deleted