1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Name Changes (this means you too flaghokie)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Well, it will make things a little less confusing.

But I do hate the fact that the spammers have won.

2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

The name change deal has nothing to do with the spammers. It has everything to do with the evolution of the SMF software. We are now running the latest, greatest version of the software and it is impossible to tell when someone has changed their moniker now. As a result, it has become too difficult to track who is who. So I made the decision to disallow name changes starting Tuesday night.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thanks for your concern, Football_Tab/Bat. Cosmo it is for good.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

And it's a good choice.

5. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

So I guess you could say that the cat -- reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr -- is out of the bag?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yeeeeeeaaahhhh!

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Thank you, Webby, maybe now I can keep track of who everybody is. I know who I am, and I have never changed my user name, unlike most of the rest of you.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I only changed my name because the old one just doesn't fit at all any more. I'm nowhere near flag now, and because I sometimes cover the Hokies, it seems to be bad form to tout that as part of my username.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I change my name because I get bored and it's cheaper than getting my hair cut off and coloring the rest red.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Who the fuck is PFC William T. Santiago?

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dye, if this is gonna be your new name, you gotta be able to handle the truth: It's Jessep, according to IMDB.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This name only brought a change of clothes and some personal items. It's gonna go on back to its base later.

Draft saved Draft deleted