1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Mrs. Landingham (this time, for real)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Jun 2, 2012.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Ah, I see now. Before, when you'd search Netflix, it would show ALL it had to offer and just have a screen that said "only available on DVD. Add DVDs?" But now they've done away with that, so I'm only getting the instant streaming options. I might have to pay the $8, and hope to get through the whole series in a month. :D

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It used to be on streaming, I think. But Netflix removed a bunch of their streaming content about three months ago.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The bastards at Bravo pulled it from their line-up for four-hour daytime blocks of Real Housewives of Hoboken. For about a week, my DVR kept telling me I had episodes of the West Wing in the queue, only for an orangey, foul-mouthed, leopard-skin wearing Avatar-like creature to fill up my screen and tell me her life's drama.

4. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Always enjoyed her work on Scrubs. She always seemed likeable and didn't know she began her career late in life if you want to call 42 late). RIP

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just got the notice in my email. My order for the series was shipped earlier today and should be here Saturday. :)

6. outofplace

Had to dig this up. I'm watching the series from day one and got to Two Cathedrals tonight. I forgot that Mrs. Landingham was killed off at the end of the previous episode. Still amazing how much they put into Two Cathedrals, from the beginnings of her relationship with Bartlet, his relationship with his father, the funeral, the buildup to the announcement.

Best purchase I've made in a long time.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"I miss my boys."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ccCfflUZeQI

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

amen.. she was a real broad.

damn, now i'm hankering for a 'ww' fix. gotta have one of my boys set up the dvr so i can watch seasons 1-3 in the coming weeks. i don't blame you for being cautious with your $$$, ijag, buti'l be SHOCKED, i say, if you no like. close to a perfect show, imho, those first three seasons -- and not too shabby thereafter.

9. imjustagirl

I just finished season 2 and literally finished "Two Cathedrals" less than 5 minutes ago.

My god.

Someone on here or on FB talked about that final scene, from Bartlet leaving the Oval Office to head to the press conference. At that time, I found it on Youtube (or it was linked in the conversation, don't remember) and I watched it and thought "What the hell? He didn't even answer the question."

But now that I've seen the whole episode? Now that I saw the conversation with Mrs. Landingham about the lower pay for women at his school? Now that I saw the "conversation" with her in the OO? Well, that was just some spectacularly done television.

I'm obsessed with this show, and I told Zeke last night in a chat I was mad at him for not forcing me to do this earlier. I must nap now, as it's a night race and I'll be up until at least 3 a.m. working ... but I want to run through the next however many seasons right the fuck now.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

good for you, ijag. i'm envious. to paraphrase a quote from 'freaks & geeks, 'i wish i could go back in time to pre-'ww' so i could watch 'em again for the first time.'

they do hold up beautifully upon watching 'em again and again and...

11. imjustagirl

I told a friend that last year when he started watching Dexter. When he got to the Trinity season, I said "I'm envious. I wish I could watch it again for the first time."

This time, I really do get to. :)

12. outofplace

Glad you are enjoying it. I'm right about where you are. I watched Two Cathedrals last night. Still great even though I watched it the first time through and I've seen at least parts of it many times since.

The DVD set I bought has a short on the making of Two Cathedrals. Sorkin and Schlamme said they intended that final scene to be very clear. They were surprised so many people took it as a cliffhanger. The hands in the pockets thing was supposed to give it away.

Draft saved Draft deleted