1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Mojo HD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hustle, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Hustle

Hustle Guest

A message on their site says they're finished as of Monday. It was the one channel I lamented losing after we ditched Comcast for DirecTV.

It had some stuff worth watching: Three Sheets, where Zane Lamprey traipsed around the globe and got trashed on the local booze of choice. Each episode ended the same, with him waking up the next morning and hating life.

Timeless was OK, but never more than a fallback program if nothing else was on. Billy Merritt's wine show was cool for me, because it piqued my interest in wine and nudged me to learn more about the stuff.

So RIP Mojo.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Pray for Mojo.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

So fucking outstanding.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

How's your helper monkey doing?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ehh.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Interviewed Mojo Nixon once when he was riding high with "Elvis Is Everywhere". The guy was a fucking riot.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Is this the channel that showed the WNBA?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"If you don't have MoJo Nixon then your store could use some fixin..." - Dead Milkmen

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I think Mr. Nixon is now a talk radio guy in Cincy these days, his days of stuffin' Martha's muffin long behind him.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'd have burned down MOJO's office myself the other day if I could have. I was in the middle of watching "Lone Star" -- which is an awesome movie, if you haven't seen it -- and they went to the color bar test pattern for an hour. In the middle of the movie, at 4 in the afternoon. Damn, I was pissed.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Was that UHF or VHF?

Draft saved Draft deleted