1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Mindy McCready

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sad deal. Suicide, it seems. There was a time when I thought she was one of the prettiest women on the planet.

http://wp.me/p1VSYg-tCC

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dammit, DD. :p

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

People joke about sad country songs, but her life turned out to be worse than anything you could have written.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

HOW DARE YOU POST OVER MY SUICIDE THREAD!!!!!!!!

Christ.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A tragic last decade that had her bumping Robert Downey Jr. off of a lot of dead pool lists. Was a frequent singer of the anthem at Predators games and seemed such a breath of fresh air. But I guess the pressure and the culture of manipulation of the country music business in Nashville just tore her apart. Or maybe she stupidly got hooked on drugs and bad men, and she brought it all on herself. Hard to tell, but sad either way

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Sad, but she sure brought it on herself.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Are we back to blaming addicts for their addictions and depression again?

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Jesus. At some point in the past several years, the "holy shit, what has happened to her" was replaced by pity. It was just sad to watch the whole thing happen.

I hope she found peace.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think there's a middle ground.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, yes. You do have a choice not to drink or do drugs, or have the choice to stop when it's apparent that it will be self-destructive. Too many people have kicked had habits or stopped hanging with bad associates for it to be nothing more than an excuse. And I thought she had been put in rehab by her parents? How did this happen?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's not the middle ground.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

This board badly needs a Scientologist.

Draft saved Draft deleted