1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 3, 2012.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Like IJAG, I first saw him in "The Green Mile," and like everything else in the movie, he was fantastic. Loved him in everything I saw him in since. Too bad. And I didn't know he had the heart problem over the last month.

RIP

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

One of his last appearances had to have been with Craig Ferguson - Craig liked him enough to bring him on a trip to Scotland, where they toured his old house:

There are a couple other great clips from that week of shows online. RIP - He definitely seemed like the embodiment of the Gentle Giant.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Loved him in the Slammin' Salmon.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

And just after I heard about this I went to the gym and on one of the TVs there, I see MCD in one of his guest shots on "Two and a Half Men." Man, makes me even sadder.

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Wow, he was just in Scotland with Craig Ferguson a few weeks before his heart attack.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

NYTimes: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/04/movies/michael-clarke-duncan-actor-dies-at-54.html?_r=1&hpw

Can't believe he was engaged to Omarosa. WTF?

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Aw man, that sucks. Amazing of course in The Green Mile. RIP.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He's also part of one of my favorite Family Guy cutaways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6i-BcOTUms

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Was so sad to hear this.

As has been mentioned several times, I saw him first in The Green Mile and he was just terrific.

RIP, big fella.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

RIP.

Ferguson should be interesting tonight.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

RIP Frankie Figgs :(

(of course, Frankie Figgs was dead already)

12. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I was surprised at how late a start he got in acting, and how few films he'd done before "The Green Mile." Hell of a performance. I enjoyed him whenever he popped up in something. He was just a fun presence. Doesn't seem like anyone who knew him has a bad thing to say about him. 54 is way too young.

RIP.

Draft saved Draft deleted