1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Merlin Olsen

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Trouser_Buddah, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Remember when Mrs. Garvey - his wife on Little House - died in the fire at the school for the blind, along with Mary's baby? Sad. She was trying to break the window out while protecting the baby.

2. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

One of the best three or four defensive tackles in the history of the game. Just stunned.

3. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

One of the greats on the field and in the booth. RIP.

4. Yeah Little House episodes always scarred me as a child.
    The like the one about the girl Albert liked who was raped.

5. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Great player, great announcer. He represented himself and the game with class.

RIP.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

FTD

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Or the late one where Albert had a drug problem, that scene where Pa shakes him into realizing it with all the vomiting is still troubling. As a parent of young kids, I wish we still had TV like that though, I guess I could but the DVDs.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was curious how many posts we would get in before someone made reference to sending a FTD pick me up bouquet.

RIP

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I guess Heaven needed a florist spokesman. Actually Olsen played a bit before my time, so my first memory of him is of the FTD commericals.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I posted this on the January thread about him suing for being exposed to asbestos. mesothelioma is a death sentence. Its a very, very aggressive cancer that's basically impossible to remove completely. They disgnosed my grandmother in Aug 2007, she went in for surgery in Sept 2007 and she was gone by the end of Feb. 2008.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

RIP

14-time Pro Bowler in his 14 years as a player.

Damn

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

RIP.

I've got the Chargers-Bengals "Freezer Bowl" on tape, I'll have to fire that up to hear Olsen one more time.

Draft saved Draft deleted