1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, McDonald's Dollar Menu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 24, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fuck. Not such a big issue.

I guess I should have read the read of the article first:

2. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

It's going to be interesting to see how this change will affect McDonald's sales as the Dollar Menu items account for 15% of McDonald's sales.

An increase in the price for a McDouble or McChicken may decrease sales if Burger King or Wendy's don't raise the price on their $1 burger & chicken items.

I know the few times I go thru a McDonald's drive-in, I order exclusively off the dollar menu as all their food is pretty much crap and I figure I might as well spend as little as possible when I patronize them. There's both a Wendy's and a Burger King not more than a block away from my local McDonald's. If say the McChicken is raised from $1 to $1.29, $1.50 or $2, I'll bypass it and get the $1 chicken sandwich at Wendy's or Burger King as there's very little difference in taste between the three franchises' inexpensive chicken sandwiches.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Always a good idea.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Readin' is for suckers.

The McRib is back. That's all that matters. The. Mc. Rib.

I've already had two. Today.

5. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Seconded.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

When McDonald's dropped the $1 coffee deal in my neighborhood, I went down the street and gave RaceTrac a shot. Glad I did, too. I can get a big cup for $1.69 or a bigger cup for $1.89, and did I mention the coffee bar?

Great coffee stop. Choice of a few coffees, including dark roast, and there are a variety of flavorings to add if you like that stuff. In and out in three minutes, and I really like that dark roast. Beats McDonald's for taste and Starbucks for value.

And no long lines.

7. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Only reason why I ever ate there for about 4 years in the first place.

Draft saved Draft deleted