1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Luke Perry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Former Beverly Hills 90210 and current Riverdale star Luke Perry has been hospitalized with a stroke.

'Riverdale' Star Luke Perry Suffers 'Massive' Stroke, Sedated in Hospital

90210 was appointment TV in my college dorm for a couple of years. Apparently, the other seven stars just signed on for a reboot, although Perry hadn’t signed.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Strokes are the worst - but people do come back from them.

As for the reboot - It's always better when the biggest obstacle in doing a reunion or reboot is that everyone is so busy. I'm guessing this isn't the case with 90210. The most successful alum may be Gabrielle Carteris who is the President of SAG. Not including Hillary Swank of course.

3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Damn wishing the best for him.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

You didn’t read Tiffany’s cookbook?

Luke Perry had a stroke, Jason Priestley nearly killed himself in an Indycar, Shannen Doherty had breast cancer. Does Brian Austin Green have his affairs in order?

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He's been married to Megan Fox for nine years. I suspect that's probably a "no."

Chef2 and Songbird like this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I remembered 90210 from high school as the show that no one admitted to watching, yet everyone did.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I used to unabashedly watch it -- and Melrose Place -- and so did quite a few of my closest friends. Freshman year of college, a lot of dudes were rocking sideburns like Dylan and Brandon. I of course waited till the look was out of the style before I started rocking it.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I remember the time one of my favorite bands, the Flaming Lips appeared on the show. Best of luck to Luke Perry.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never cared for it, but I do remember guys with those sideburns. One of the writers on my college newspaper's staff came to be known as "90210." Those things were hard to miss. They were long and he was a big dude.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hard to tell how he's doing.

In the tabloid press, every stroke is a "massive" stroke.

I wish him well.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I can happily confirm I have never watched a complete episode.

Ditto for Cosby and any number of 80s-90s shows. (Moonlighting And Miami Vice right off the top of my head.)

As for Perry's stroke, hope he can make a recovery. I had a "minor stroke," a TIA, in 2004, and it took a while to recover (and some things, like handwriting, never really came back). He probably has a tough road ahead.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Tiffani Theisen and Megan Fox when both were about 20. He can die a happy man.

Draft saved Draft deleted