1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Lou.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry, 21. He brought out the best in you.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

My most sincere condolences to you and your family. :(

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

so sad. 'crossed giblets' has lost an icon. won't be same without lou. sincerest condolences to all in 21's world. dord one sit shiva on thanksgiving, dear? ???

too bad lou couldn't know how loved he was by strangders.... :'( :'( :'(

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Thanks, folks....I truly appreciate your kindness. Honestly, you spent more time with Lou than any of his five biological kids, the eldest my mother calls 'Schmucko' and the youngest we have never seen.

Today we'll meet with the rental rabbi, plan a service and arm ourselves for the shiva. I think east coast and midwestern Jews migrate to Florida just because there are so many shivas. No one ever goes hungry. Trying to calculate the risk/reward of going to Costco with my sister on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, to stock up on Equal packets and single-serving mini quiche.

Open to any advice on keeping my mother, um, calm. She spent last night organizing 342 hand soaps lifted from hotels around the world, dating back to 1991, so we don't accidentally spend $2 on Purell for the guest bathroom.

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

My thoughts to you and your mother, 21.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My condolences to you and your family 21.

7. Key

Key Well-Known Member

My condolences, 21.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I only occasionally checked that thread, but I do read everything 21 posts. I've spent a few Thanksgivings sitting on the floor of a dark room, clutching my phone, trying to stifle my HOWLS because my daughter is asleep in the bed and I'm supposed to be napping, too. When in reality, I just needed to get away. Lou has gotten me through some Thanksgivings.

I'm thinking of you and your mom.

9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Condolences to you and your family. I always felt like I was right there with your family thru your writing.

10. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Condolences to you - - and particularly to your mother. You and your family are in my prayers.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss, 21.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You, Boom, and your family are in my thoughts, 21. My condolences.

Draft saved Draft deleted