1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Lauren Bacall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Aug 12, 2014.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I was googling Gabor and saw a heartrending story about her realizing her leg had been amputated 18 months after the fact.
    What a f'in indignity.
    I pray I don't even see 80.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

What a grand dame (said with complete respect).

RIP...

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Recall a Rockford Fiels two-parter with Bacall. Some nice chemistry with recently departed James Garner (not quite at Mariette Hartley level, of course). RIP.

4. Reminded of my of this ... One of my favorite Truman photos and stories.

[​IMG]

I think Bacall had one of the most glamorous faces in Hollywood of all-time.
    Didn't know Sinatra got pissed off at the leaked news of their engagement in 1958 (Bogie died the year before) and refused to speak to her for 20 years.
    20 years! WTF?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not sure Zsa Zsa is in the same class as Bacall or Kirk Douglas. She was pretty much the first person to be famous for being famous.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She never recovered from being robbed by Christopher for her luxury gift basket at the hotel in L.A. She was also the recipient of my favorite Little Carmine line -- "Enjoy your success"

7. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

With her death, all 16 icons mentioned in Madonna's 'Vogue' are now gone.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/08/12/lauren_bacall_was_last_living_icon_name_dropped_in_madonna_s_vogue.html

8. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I don't think any other actress from Hollywood's Golden Age have been as strong, capable, independent, and liberated as she and Katharine Hepburn were.

Draft saved Draft deleted