1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kittens

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dan Hickling, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Came home tonight around midnight to find our cat, Kittens, lying dead on the grass by the road ... had the sad duty to wake my wife and daughter to tell them the awful news ... then of course there were the burial duties ... I know that there are greater tragedies than this -- and our industry has experienced that in the past week -- but we loved the cat ... she was three ... we got her as a little kitten (the name stuck even when she grew to adulthood) and she became one of us ... as sad as this is for our family, I can see some small mercies for which I'm thankful ... that it happened in front of our place, and not somewhere else where we wouldn't have known what happened to her ... that I'm the one who found her tonight and not Deb in the morning on her way to work, or Charlotte waitiing for the school bus ... that would have been much worse ... too, Kittens and our other cat, a baby named Snickers were running around outside yesterday and I took the camera and got several snaps of all the fun ... so glad I had the chance to do that ... we had our familial tearshedding ... and reminiscing ... anywho ... I don't have a real point in sharing this ... except I know we've all lost pets at one point or another ... God keeps our tears in a bottle. says the Psalmist ... all of them ...

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, Dan.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I just went thru that a little over a month ago, Dan, so I know what you're going thru. So sorry, man.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is not the thread I was expecting...

RIP to your kittens...

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So sorry to hear that, Dan. sportschick will be along to post Rainbow Bridge sometime soon. I'm glad you had that last photo opportunity to remember the joy.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm really sorry for your loss, Dan.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So sorry, Dan. Losing pets is so painful.

8. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

My daughter got upset as we drove by a cat laying in the middle of the main road out of our subdivision. She wanted me to go back and get it to bury it because everyone was just driving by it and it was all alone. Had we not been late for an engagement, I think she would have gotten her way. We'd have 50 animals if she had her way.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

No kidding.

This is almost the exact same thing that happened to one of our cats when I was a kid. My Dad came home from work and asked which of the cats was outside. We said Lucky and he said OK, he was just curious. Then he went out "for a jog," except he'd seen Lucky dead on the side of the road and he went out to bury her. Sad day. Sorry for your loss, Dan.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Sorry to hear this, Dan.

11. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Thanx so much, guys ... for all the good wishes ... the shock of last night has morphed into a mixture of sadness and hapiness...laughing at all the funny little things she did ... the things that made Kittens, Kittens, made her different from any other cat that God ever put on this Earth ...

12. Colton

Colton Active Member

Agreed.

So sorry for your loss, Dan.

Draft saved Draft deleted