1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kirk Douglas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Feb 5, 2020.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

One of the great movie stars of all time. And a man who put his money where his convictions were.

ברוך אתה ה' אלוהינו מלך העולם, דיין האמת

wicked likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm sure the guy putting the finishing touches on the Oscar In Memoriam segment is thrilled. Really enjoyed Seven Days in May.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

If you’ve never seen it, Champion is fantastic. It was his breakout role, and he turned down a bigger-budget picture because he believed the story of a sleaze-driven boxer was better. The big budget film flopped and he earned his first Oscar nod.

I recently watched Paths of Glory for the first time, which was amazing and I have no real reason why I never watched it before.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Big Carnival. Great, cynical newspaper picture. RIP.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I did not know about his role in fighting the red scare in Hollywood until watching “Trumbo.”

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She does not work at the WaPo.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am Kirk Douglas! No, I am Kirk Douglas! For the record, yesterday on the Showtime Western channel they played "Gunfight at the OK Corral"with Burt Lancaster as Wyatt Earp and Kirk as Doc Holliday. Pretty damn good. He didn't make many movies that were worse than pretty damn good. RIP. Last of the legends left except for Olivia deHavilland.

heyabbott likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Barron and rush’s cancer are off limits, this lunatic’s accusation should be too

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

RIP Chester J. Lampwick

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Paths of Glory, he and Kubrick. Pretty good collaboration.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fuck, everyone knows pedo/direector Robert Wise was raping Natalie Wood during "West Side Story".

Draft saved Draft deleted