1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kim Jessup (ESPN PR)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, May 5, 2011.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Worked mostly with the NFL. Only 29.

No details yet, but it's all over the Twitter-verse:

http://twitter.com/#!/richarddeitsch

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think it's the same Kim I initially thought it was. Still awful news.

RIP

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Very sad. She helped me out on a couple of things when I was working on some NFL draft stuff a few years ago, and was very helpful.

4. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

Wow, I just traded emails with her last week. Holy cow.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Looks like she tweeted yesterday. Wow.

6. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I saw that, too. As I said, very sad news.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Speaking of Tweeting, this is off-topic but did you hear about the Ohio University offensive lineman that just died? It wasn't a tweet but a facebook post, the day before he died, that read: "Woke up with a smile because every day is a gift and you never know when it will be your last." Or something to that effect. I will go get the actual post, but really sad and spooky stuff.

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Here is is:
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Ohio-lineman-Marcellis-Williamson-dies-after-lea?urn=ncaaf-wp1027

Williamson's last post on his Facebook page, on Tuesday afternoon: "I am blessed to have waken up this morning!! Enjoy today because tomorrow isn't guaranteed!!"

Sorry...threadjack over

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Any idea what happened?

10. gridiron

gridiron Member

This is really sad. She was very, very sweet. I used to hate to turn her down when she pitched stories because she was so nice (and persistent). If anyone can clarify how this happened, please tell. This is a shock. I just talked to her two weeks ago.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

One last threadjack, and this is along what Carlton posted. Canadian blogger pens his obit before dying, courtesy of NBC Today's website: http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011/05/05/6590988-bloggers-obituary-was-his-last-post-?GT1=43001

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Darn, that name rings a bell but I can't place her. Yet I'm not sure I dealt with her at ESPN. Anything more about her?

Ugh, 29 years old.

Draft saved Draft deleted