1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ken Russell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HC, Nov 28, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Man made some seriously trippy films. "Mahler" is one of my favourites.

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/legendary_film_director_ken_russell_has_died

2. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Trippy is a great way to describe his films. Sorry to hear of his passing. He also directed Tommy. My favorite of Russell's was Lair of the White Worm.

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I think I wore out the part of the VHS tape of Lair of The White Worm when Amanda Donohoe is naked. Fun trippy movie as others have noted. RIP.

4. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

In lieu of flowers, fans are asked to have an orgy with 20 of their closest friends, relatives and dwarfs while rolling in a vat of baked beans.

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I saw a 35th anniversary screening of Tommy at the Academy Awards HQ Theater in Beverly Hills last year. Restored and in original Quintaphonic sound (first and only movie to be done that way, fwiw).

Ken came on for a Q&A afterwards and was so belligerent and trying overly hard to be an obtuse ass that people were literally sprinting out of the theater afterwards, leaving them to scratch their heads in the lobby afterwards and say WTF.

Draft saved Draft deleted