1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kay Yow

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by derwood, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here's the ESPY presentation to Kay Yow:

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'll be walking this March in my local race for the cure, as I do every year. I started doing it for an aunt who's beaten that crap twice. I'll be thinking of Kay Yow as well this year as I do the circuit.

http://ww5.komen.org/

The event I walk in even has an option for paying and sleeping in. If you can do this in your area, please do.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Buried my wife's mom and my wife's uncle, on back-to-back days over Christmas.
    Cancer got both of them and we watched over the past year how it changes its victims.
    Awful to witness.

Rest in Peace, Coach.
    Condolences to any and all who knew and cared for the woman.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Echo what's been said. RIP to a legend.

And whoever said earlier that the reoccurance is the real trouble, spot on. I know way too many people who beat it once. When it comes back, well, it usually isn't so good.

My heart sank the other day when I saw in the scroll that she'd gone in the hospital.

Again, RIP to a legend.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hate to give ESPN credit on too many things, but they covered the shit out of this.

I wonder how much play this story would have gotten if it happened next week.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No issues here with giving ESPN plenty of credit for doing good work on Kay Yow. Kudos, Bristol.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just came upon this. Very sad news. RIP.

8. I've been avoiding this thread for three days, because I knew Kay personally and covered her teams for many years.

We all miss you, Kay.

Draft saved Draft deleted