1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Junior Seau

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 2, 2012.

1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

Wow! ESPN.com has not one word on this even though the Chargers are confirming and team chaplain quoted.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

TMZ is reporting that Seau's father and other family members are inside the house with the body. I don't know much about this type of thing, but is that normal? I guess if it's not a crime scene, it's OK?

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wow. Horrible news. RIP, Junior Seau.

Details are sketchy so far, but the resemblance to Dave Duerson's death is chilling.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'd love to meet that editor

5. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

I think a head injury might be to blame here too.

What a hell of a linebacker, but the more things like this happen, is this brutal, violent sport worth it? It is worth one man's life, much less hundreds?

All of those years of brain-rattling hits from his linebacker spot. All of that damage.

6. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Just saw Seau's mother speak to the media at a press conference outside his house. She was inconsolable and breaking down that she wanted "them to take me and bring back my son." Absolutely heartbreaking to watch.

Didn't Duerson shoot himself in the chest and leave a note that he wanted to have his brain donated for research?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know depression is a motherfucker, but I can't imagine doing this to my three children, not to mention my still-living parents.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

yes

9. derwood

derwood Active Member

I think so.

10. derwood

derwood Active Member

No. You do not.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Huh?