1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP John Hughes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Aug 6, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit, he made that too? That was AWFUL. Completely with you: Among the very worst movies I ever paid to see.

And Dools, I swear to Tebow, I was just going to write something about Curly Sue.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm in the math club.

(Also a little shocked at the lack of Breakfast Club love. Maybe that means I'm dated.)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Dad I think he's gonna pork her."
    "Russ he's not gonna pork her."
    "Dad I think he's gonna pork her."
    "Russ he's not gonna pork her."
    "DAAAAAAD I really think he's gonna pork her."
    "OK maybe he is gonna pork her."

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know, there's going to be sex, drugs, rock-n-roll... chips, dips, chains, whips... You know, your basic high school orgy type of thing. I mean, uh, I'm not talking candlewax on the nipples, or witchcraft or anything like that, no, no, no. Just a couple of hundred kids running around in their underwear, acting like complete animals.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bill Paxton does not get nearly enough credit for essaying Biff.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Of course, none of this dialogue is really that good in a standalone way. But in the context of youth against characturized adults, a lot of it works. That said, I think only Breakfast Club approaches Risky Business in that genre. And All the Right Moves had more heart to its angst than anything Hughes did.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Someone on National Review Online linked to the short story for national Lampoon he wrote which was the basis for Vacation. It is outstanding.

http://www.bizbag.com/Vacation/Vacation%2058.htm

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I wanted her panties, too.

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/screengrab/archive/tags/sixteen+candles/default.aspx

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Eat. My. Shorts.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Damn.

Ferris, Vacation and The Breakfast Club are at the head of the class of Mr. Hughes classroom.

RIP

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I just wanna know how one becomes a janitor because Andrew here is very interested in pursuing a career in the custodial arts.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's a question a lot of us could be asking lately.

Draft saved Draft deleted