1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP: Jet :'(

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, May 2, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Sorry about your loss, Alley.

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Gawd, this pet stuff can be tough.
    I remember when my wife's dog died. The dog had become her parents' dog. It was old and they had to put her to sleep. I remember my wife calling to tell me about how her father had cried about putting Sugar to sleep. I wound up crying myself.
    AA, I suggest you be honest with Little Man. It will be tougher on you than it will be on him.

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

And one of our cats is named Jet. He's the outdoor cat and when he's gone too long the wife and I start worrying.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Regrets to you family, AA.

I grew up on a farm where all of my pets died before their time. Every single one.

I had to learn about death quickly, but as long as you reassure your son that you gave it all the love you possibly could, there should be no lasting scars.

There are two pets I regret losing. One, Hunter, who got ran over two weeks before we moved and would've become an indoor cat.

Second, Bailey, who died slowly from urinary tract problems. I was just starting to develop OCD symptoms when he got sick so I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with him that I should have. This hits me hard a lot. My mom has to keep reassuring me that she spent time with him to compensate. But I still feel guilty.

Draft saved Draft deleted