1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP James Gandolfini

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 19, 2013.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

People have said Gandolfini was looking better recently. He ain't looking so hot here and this might be the last picture ever taken of him:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/20/james-gandolfini-last-photo-death-dead-heart-attack-restaurant-meal/

2. TwoGloves

Don't forget Edith.

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Never saw Dallas. I was quite young when it was on.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Apparently.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It was the best fucking time, it was the worst fucking time, it was the age of fucking wisdom, it was the age of godamn foolishness, it was epic

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Call me fucking Ishamel.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think El Sordo's right-hand man was La Panocha Grande.

8. TwoGloves

I try to watch 8-10 hours of TV a day. And I read a book a week. So bite me!

9. TwoGloves

Larry Hagman was great on Dallas. Made you hate him but love him because he was pure evil. I loved the original and the new one is very, very good too even with him playing a small (and now no) role. I remember when he was on the original show he said he was going to milk it as long as possible because he knew he'd be typecast as J.R. forever.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, prior to "Dallas" his most recent work consisted of his appearance as the doofy army captain in "Superman: The Movie" who volunteered to give vigorous chest massage to Miss Tessmacher (Valerie Perrine) so he wasn't roaring into "Dallas" off a string of big hit roles.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

After five full seasons of I Dream of Jeannie ending in 1970, I don't think he was struggling so much. Rather, I think he was not about to jump into the grind of a full-time series real quickly and enjoyed making guest appearances. To say Hagman was desperate when Dallas came along is not accurate.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Disagree. Dallas, while hugely popular, was a chick show.

Draft saved Draft deleted