1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Hummer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, when you're fighting off post-apocalyptic biker gangs you need a big engine in your Interceptor.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Uh, Inky ... the cars in the Mad Max films were 1973 Aussie-market Ford Falcons.

3. Inky_Wretch

I know, I was attempting a joke ... which failed.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

Kind of like comparing Mustangs to Camaros. ;)

Speaking of ...

Does the sudden spike in gasoline prices whack the muscle-car nostalgia revival currently going on in Detroit? Seems like it would have to, especially the big-bore Hemi versions of the Charger, Challenger and 300.

5. Inky_Wretch

My father (a Chrysler dealer) is seriously worried about the company. Dodge truck sales have plummeted, so have the muscle car sales. He wishes the Neon was still in production, because they could be selling them non-stop.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

It seems like the Charger has never sold well though. And the Challenger is turning out to be badly timed (and also too damn big for its class, but that's a different rant altogether).

Of course, if the dollar recovers some of its value the oil bubble bursts and makes all that moot.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Challenger is a limited production vehicle (only 7,000 made) and most of those were snatched up through customer orders so it might not have much of an impact on this model. Now, the Chargers and that new Camaro that's coming out? Might be a different story.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Challenger production ramps up next year. The '08 cars were all SRT-8 trim levels (6.1 Hemi) for the collector market; the '09s will add R/T (5.7 Hemi) and SE (3.5 V6) trim levels.

9. Inky_Wretch

The way things stand now, there's going to be a lot of inventory sitting on the lots.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

well then Dodge really is stupid. Almost as stupid as Cadillac who is taking at their top selling car, the DeVille (or DTS) and saying "ah, fuck it," after 2010.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I always thought it was this:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

http://www.fuh2.com/

I used to have the sticker until I got rid of my old car.

Draft saved Draft deleted