1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Gia Allemand

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Reality TV star on the Bachelor and boyfriend of New Orleans Pelicans' Ryan Anderson commits suicide at age 29. RIP

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gia-allemand-dead-29-bachelor-contestant-dies-undisclosed-medical-emergency-article-1.1426795

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I thought Jason Collins was the first openly gay pro athlete.

OK, joke aside, really sad. She was definitely pretty but obviously troubled to take her own life.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Depression over diagnosed

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Damn, I typed it once, then accidentally deleted it and typed it again. Girlfriend, girlfriend, girlfriend.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

As one of the few people on this board who will admit watching The Bachelor, Gia was one of my favorites. I don't know why, since she had relationships with Jake and weird-ass scheming Wes, but I really liked her. She seemed sweet somehow.

I wouldn't say I'm sad about this, but I definitely took pause when I saw the news she was in ICU and again when she passed.

Draft saved Draft deleted