1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, George Lucas movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 4, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

George Lucas has a message for studios that are cutting their slates and shifting toward big-budget tentpoles and franchises: You've got it all wrong.
    The creator of "Star Wars," which stamped the template for the franchise-tentpole film, says many small films and Web distribution are the future.

And in case anyone doubts he means it, Lucasfilm is getting out of the movie business.

"We don't want to make movies. We're about to get into television. As far as Lucasfilm is concerned, we've moved away from the feature film thing, because it's too expensive and it's too risky.

http://www.variety.com/VR1117951284.html

About three movies too late, if you ask me!

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So does this mean the rumored Indiana Jones sequel is dead?

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

How do you explain this to your imaginary girlfriend?

http://www.starterupsteve.com/video/Conan-Triumph-Star-Wars.html

4. I read somewhere that Lucas is going to start doing Star Wars television stuff.

I guess this is step 1.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Damn.. and I so wanted to see Karen Allen at age 65....

6. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Triumph: "Here's a spoiler for you -- you will die alone."

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

"And which of these buttons calls your parents to pick you up?" :D

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No, it'll start with Steps 4, 5 and 6. He'll come back and do the first 3 later.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Too easy... never pass up a chippie...

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How is it the man won't let somebody else make more movies with a franchise that managed to survive even the Phantom Menace, but he'll put the rubber stamp on crap like Star Wars-Transformers toys? I saw a commercial for this garbage on TV (The Millenium Falcon Transforms into Han Solo and Chebacca) and I could just feel the bile at the back of my throat.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

This is in-fucking-credible.... I'll get all redundant on the YouTube thread, but this thread cried for it.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

The toys are preparing you for cameos by Luke and Han fighting with the Transformers in the new movie due next summer.

Draft saved Draft deleted