1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ford Taurus

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Oct 19, 2006.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Brings back memories of Buckweaver's prom.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Found On Road Dead.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God, you're not kidding. I drove a hand-me-down 91 Taurus and had the transmission go blooey on my way to the bank to make the last payment. No joke. Got it fixed by some shade-tree mechanic who said that the repair would hold as long as I never put it in overdrive again. That held for a couple of years, until I went on a trip to Tennessee with my fiance. I was sleepy, let her drive, didn't tell about the overdrive thing. We wound spending a lovely afternoon in Chattanooga waiting for my parents to claim us and the remains of that shitty car.

Nobody does it like the bull.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm honoured. :)

5. lono

lono Active Member

Fucking Old Rebuilt Dodge

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Still believe Taurus saved my life in a bad crash I had a few years ago. The pickup's bumper went through the upper left corner of my windshield, and the airbag and seatbelt saved me.

7. lono

lono Active Member

That would be AMC, the same people who produced the Pacer, the dorkiest car ever:

[​IMG]

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

Yeah, but the Gremlin was cool.
    [​IMG]

9. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

I drive a Dodge Stratus!!!

[​IMG]

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Amy Poehler on the demise of the Taurus: "[It's] forcing many 30-somethings to find a new way to show the world theyv'e given up on their dreams."

Of course, that was the only funny line in the whole damn Weekend Update.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I must be one of the fortunate ones, then.

My '95 Taurus has over 160K miles on it, and only now is it starting to get wonky on me. I'm hoping it'll last a good while longer, too, since my financial situation is in no way conducive to purchasing a new ride.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bingo.

As far as I'm concerned, the Taurus died when the original Taurus SHO was put to the glue works.

Draft saved Draft deleted