1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Fanball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 13, 2011.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/01/bankruptcy-for-cdm-fanball-fantasy-sports/

Marks the end of CDM Fantasy Sports.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Nobody gives a shit about your dead fantasy football company!
    [/spnited]

Our office league used to be on Fanball. It was great for a couple years, then somewhere around 2008 it took a massive dump. Stats and transactions were getting screwed up, customer service became nonexistent. Lots of people fled in a very short time, which was probably what sparked the company's hasty demise.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Bump back to top.

What really sucks now is that takes care of any national contests you can play. Sporting News doesn't offer anymore and now Fanball's out. Any national contests left?

4. Good riddance to those people.

I used to freelance for them. When things started going bad, they tried to sue me to get back the money they had paid me for my work.

It didn't go anywhere, but I had to pay a lawyer a few hours of fees for some paperwork that amounted to my defense/rebuttal, when I was otherwise living paycheck to paycheck. Good riddance Fanball.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Whose the grandma in the Olan Mills picture? Weird.

Draft saved Draft deleted