1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Earl Hamner, Jr. - the original John Boy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Vombatus, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And now kids want designer jeans, tricked out Nike shoes, hoverboard gadgets, and an iphone 7 by the time they are five years old.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Even the Settlers wouldn't settle for a stupid ass radio.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

A 101-second television intro? Talk about retro ...

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I watched it every week, but I'll be damned if I can remember a single particular episode.

Did they go to Hawaii one time and find a tiki idol or was that the Brady Bunch?

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

There was that time where they were about to get off the mountain, but Gilligan John Boy messed it all up.

Ace likes this.
  6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

What about the classic episode when the landlord only let John Boy stay on the mountain because he thought he was gay, but he kept coming close to finding out the truth.

Huggy and Ace like this.
  7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Big fan of the episode where john boy almost helps keith hernandez move, but ben and jim bob talk him out of it.

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Glad I am not the only one who hated the theme music.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Brady Bunch. Those Bradys got into all kinds of messes when they traveled. They even got locked in an old jail in a ghost town.

Ace likes this.
  10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Couple things strike me as really funny about The Waltons: John Ritter went from playing a straight-laced reverend to Jack Tripper. And when this show was done, Earl Hamner created Falcon Crest.

You talk about a different style of show from The Waltons...

Draft saved Draft deleted