1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Don Mossi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake from State Farm, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

ChrisLong likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Must have been tough to go through life with those ears. Then you add the last name...

Oh, then you remember he made a living as a pro baseball player and you don't feel so bad for him.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I think we all had this card in our collection. RIP.

[​IMG]

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Some guys in the reds front office used to have an annual Don Mossi party that grew into an epic event. I want to say it was held on his birthday and the highlight of the evening was someone would call Don Mossi out in California. Mossi at first was incredulous, but after awhile was said to have enjoyed it and even sent them an instructional video he once started in to show at the party. They always begged him to fly out. Ended after 12 years, which was the same amount of time as his career.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perhaps the only irrelevant player whose card every collector hoped would be in the pack.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That reminds me of a line a Boston sportswriter (can’t recall who) once said about Don Zimmer:
    “That face looks like a blocked kick.”

RIP

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

RIP Ears.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I love this card. What a fabulous face. It looks like his ears ate his chin, and each eye is keeping watch of each ear to make sure they're not next.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Jesus, never noticed he had a lazy eye, too. This man overcome a helluva lot to make it to the show.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I'll never make fun of Obama's ears again.

Draft saved Draft deleted