1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 15, 2018.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

oof

29 kinds of awful

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

What percentage of music stars die of drugs or alcohol? JFC.

4. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Eerily similar to Whitney Houston's death.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm paranoid about being around water of any sort or depth if I've had very much to drink. I've had two relatives die when they were drunk and were trying to swim. Drowning is one of those things of which I'm paranoid. I even keep those tools that break glass near every window of my cars for that reason in case of a rollover accident into a ditch.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Been happening for fifty years now. Probably fewer these days than in the 60s and 70s.

What's more surprising is that we still have a good number of retirement age rockers around who used their bodies as full time drug labs for decades in their youth: Keith of course, Jimmy Page, David Crosby to name just a few who survived probably 40 years more than they could or should have.

Tweener likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That's going to be a wild day when they can do DNA testing and figure out which people can do drugs safely and which ones can't. It's coming.

8. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Just in Guns N Roses, Slash and Duff almost drank themselves to death before 35.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that David Crosby and Chuck Negron (Three Dog Night) survived. Negron's book was some scary shit.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Weirdly, the hotel where she died is less than half a mile - according to Google - to what was then 9 Curzon Place. This is the flat where both Keith Moon and Mama Cass Elliot died four years apart, supposedly in the very same bed.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You mean, not get addicted?

Draft saved Draft deleted