1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Dan Castellano (casty33)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo, May 4, 2024.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Same here. Red-hot flame war, then friends. Petty was a great friend here once you hammered out issues in PMs.

And he was a damn good guy, it turned out, who was just angry and frustrated by what the world has become. Then he went away, and I kept looking for him here, hoping he'd come back. And now, more than ever, I hope he shows up again.

If he really has passed, that's a hard kick in the teeth, at least for me. The damn fun thing was, Petty could flame-war someone all to hell, just light him up here and then kick him in the ass on the way out the door, but he also was a really thoughtful, empathetic guy if you got to know him in PMs. ... And I'm glad I did. He's an SJ Hall of Famer from the old days in my book. :)

Liut likes this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He really has passed. Quite a while ago now.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

He don't come around here no more. (RIP to both Tom Pettys)

Tarheel316 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted